The weather is starting to turn cooler. The leaves are just beginning to turn. There’s football in the air. It’s time to bring the slow cooker out of the cupboard and try some of these delicious recipes. Whether the gang is all coming over to watch the Sunday game, or whether you just want to have a hot nutritious meal ready for when the family gets home, these recipes will delight your friends and family. They’ll think you’ve been cooking all day when all you did was toss in the ingredients and go about your other business.
Easy Apple Kielbasa Slow Cooker Dish
- 2 apples, cored and sliced in 1/4-inch slices.
- 1 med. size head of cabbage, sliced into small wedges
- 2 med. potatoes, peeled and sliced into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 large links kielbasa, sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 C. water
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Layer ingredients in slow cooker starting with cabbage wedges, kielbasa, apples, then potatoes. Whisk together water, sugar, olive oil, salt and pepper. Pour over layers into crockpot. Cook in slow cooker on low for 6 hours. You can also add sliced onion if desired and substitute turkey kielbasa and sugar substitute for a lower calorie dish.
- 2 C. cooked rice
- 1 lb. skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 1 10 3/4-oz. can cream of chicken soup
- salt and pepper to taste
Place chicken breasts in slow cooker. Add undilluted soup (juice from the chicken will do the diluting). Add salt and pepper to taste. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours. Serve over warm rice.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 15 oz. cans chili beans in chili gravy
- 1 14 ½ oz. can diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
- 1 11 ½ oz. can hot-style vegetable juice
- Sliced green onions, dairy sour cream, and/or shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
In a large skillet, cook ground beef and onion until meat is brown; drain off fat. In a 3 ½ to 4 quart slow cooker, combine ground beef mixture, beans, undrained tomatoes and green chiles, and vegetable juice. Cover, cook on low-heat setting for 4-6 hours or on high for 2-3 hours. If desired top each serving with green onions, sour cream or cheese.
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 15 oz. can ranch-style beans
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 cups chopped cabbage
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 14 1/2 can stewed tomatoes, with liquid
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup picante sauce
- 1 cup water
- salt to taste
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
In a skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef with the onion. Drain fat.
Combine ranch-style beans, cumin, garlic, cabbage and green pepper in slow cooker. Stir in stewed tomatoes, celery, picante sauce, water, and beef mixture. Salt and pepper to taste.
Cover and cook for 6 to 8 hours.
- 2-3 lbs. Butternut Squash, skin & seeds removed, 2-in cubes
- 4 C. Chicken Broth
- 2 Tbsp. Thyme, ground
- 3 Garlic cloves, halved
- 1 C. Onions, raw, chopped
- 2 slices Turkey Bacon, chopped
- 2 ½ C. Kale, chopped
- 2 C. Red kidney beans, dry, soaked overnight
- 8 large Baby Carrots, raw, chopped
- 1 medium Green Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1 C. Yellow Sweet Corn kernels, frozen
- 1 Tbsp. black pepper
Pour broth into slow cooker. Mix remaining ingredients in bowl. Transfer to slow cooker. Cook on low for 1 hours.